Now that you have decided it’s best to have a professional caterer provide the food for your party, here are some tips and questions on what to look for when hiring a caterer.
What Does a Caterer Do?
They prepare food for your event. When considering how to select a caterer, look at many factors. You should consider the nature of the event, how formal it is, what sorts of foods you wish to serve, and how much you can afford to spend.
Finding a Caterer
- Personal Recommendation
The ideal way to find a caterer is via personal recommendation. Ask friends, family and colleagues if they have catered an event, and who they used. Personal recommendations can help you select the right caterer
- Telephone book
- Event planners
- Reception Hall
- Favorite Restaurant
Questions to ask Prospective Caterer
- Do they serve the type of food you want to serve your guests
- Are they available for the date of your event
- When and where will the food be cooked
- Do they serve it or is it buffet style
- Is there an event they are doing that you might attend
- Can you taste their food prior to your event
- Is there a deposit required
- What form of payment do they accept
- Is there a contract to sign
If you are satisfied that this is your caterer hire them and get all the necessary paperwork done. Then you can kick back and relax. The only thing left to do is give them your final count and enjoy your party! Have a great day!